Proposed Rule Change!

When the NASCAR Chase begins, drivers who have won races are awarded bonus points ahead of drivers who haven't won as many. The entire field of 12 drivers does not reset to 0 points. This system is hard to replicate in match-up game play. However, I believe I have found a way to honor top finishes during our regular season to carry over to our play-off stage similar to how NASCAR honors wins during the regular season. I'm proposing a rule change to take effect before our play-off stage of this season.

- Each top finish a team earns during the regular season adds 1 point to each match-up during the play-offs. Example: If M&C had 6 top finishes and Tom had 3 top finishes, when they play each other in a match-up during the play-offs M&C will add 6 points to their final score for the race, and Tom will add three points to his final score, giving M&C a 3 point advantage.

The purpose to this rule is to honor what teams have done during the regular season, similar to how sports teams earn home field advantage. If a team earns 15 top finishes during the regular season, they deserve a better shot at the championship than someone who has only 2 or 3 top finishes. Top finishes achieved during the play-offs will be recorded but not applied to future match play.

Since the season has already begun I will not enforce a new rule without majority support. There is a poll on the left bar, please vote "YES" or "NO" regarding the rule change to take effect this season. You are welcome to call, email, or leave a comment below to express your opinion. Regarding next season, I will be making this rule change unless convinced otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment